Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Zanny Zoo Day

Last Saturday was free zoo day here in Denver. We went as an entire family, meeting up with Brent's family while we were there. Let me tell you, it was a zoo (pun intended). They estimated that at least 20,000 people were coming to the zoo that day. Even so, it was a blast. I love the zoo here. We had been once before, but on a limited time schedule, so we had missed a lot of the exhibits. The kids loved the giraffes and elephants, of course.

But, they were especially mesmerized by the tropical paradise exhibit, complete with Komodo Dragons, turtles, snakes, and crocodiles. Our picture didn't turn out, but I was amazed at the HUGE anaconda they had. I'd hate to come up on that in the wild!!

You can hardly see it, but there's a huge crocodile right between their heads!
Jordan loved watching the turtles!
The Komodo dragon

The kids were shocked to see they didn't quite measure up to a polar bear!

It was neat to see how much the kids have soaked up from the movie Planet Earth. Throughout the day, one of them would squeal, "Mom, remember this animal from Planet Earth? He's the one that_____" and they'd fill me in on all the unique things the animal did on the movie.

And to top it all off, it was 80 degrees that day. What a perfect day for the zoo in late October! Did I mention I love it here?

No comments: