Monday, October 6, 2008

Furry Critters

We're experiencing all sorts of little critters around here. Some I love, some not so much. I love watching the squirrels run back and forth across the fence, gathering walnuts from our yard and running to store them for the winter. Bunnies multiply in Colorado. They're everywhere. We love watching them in the yard. Last month, we even had fun rescuing one from our window well. But, this month, Ryden caught a snake. That, I don't love as much. But, the kids were ecstatic when they got off the bus and Ryden showed them his snake.


Of course, we had to let it go in someone else's yard! :)

But, that does remind me of something so funny. Today Kyler brought home his "star student" book. All the kids write him a kind note and then his teacher compiles it for him. We laughed so hard when we read this entry by a sweet little girl (keep in mind 2nd grade spelling):
"My favorite animal is a snack...I want a pet snack but my mom won't let me and my Dad and sister are afraid of snacks. I wish they weren't". Only when she wrote that her favorite snack was a Python did we understand. Of course, the next friend signed hers, "Peas out", meaning of course "Peace Out". We couldn't stop laughing. I can't believe that 2nd graders are saying "Peace Out" to each other, but "Peas out" is even more amazing.

On that note, Peas Out everone!

No comments: