Sunday, October 12, 2008

Campfire in the Backyard

On Thursday, we had a campfire in the backyard. Just recently, I decided what I wanted to spend the last of my birthday money from my parents on...a fire pit for the backyard. I just love sitting around the fire at night. I love roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. It all reminds me of the days when we used to do that in our music room that had an old fireplace in it. A few weeks ago, Enoch and I bought one, but it seemed like our schedule and the weather were always in conflict. Finally, on Thursday, after seeing a dismal and cold forecast for the weeknd, I decided we had to have a hot dog roast before the season ended. We invited the neighbors for a royal feast of hot dog roasting and s'mores. Fortunately for us, their dad was out of town and their mom LOVES hot dogs!! We had so much fun.

Aspen, and her best friend, Grace.

While Enoch was building the fire, the kids played 4-square. Man, did that bring back memories. Remember when that was such a hit in elementary school and Jr. High? I remember I used to be good at it. Enoch and I had a go at it and I think I need some refreshers on how to play :)


No comments: