Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fun with Grandpa Hicken

The next night, Brent and his family came back for a BBQ and Hot dog Roast with Grandpa. If you can believe it, we celebrated Halloween with 75 degree weather. It was beautiful. So, we took full advantage! It was so much fun spending time with all the family. I have to admit, I tried something new tonight. Instead of the traditional Hershey bars with the S'mores, I had one with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup, one with a Ghiardeli Mint Chocolate Bar, and one with a Ghiardelli Pecan Pie chocolate. Any way you do it, they're all way yummier than a plain old Hershey Bar. I highly recommend it. It was so yummy!!! I got a kick out of my nephews, though. Apparently, they don't like S'mores but love to roast marshmallows. They'd beg and beg people to want more so they could cook them but never had any themselves!!

Brent, Dad, and Jordan in the smoke by the fire


Jordan and I staying warm by the fire.


Enoch and the boys, barbecuing. If you want a yummy and easy grilling recipe, get some Chinese Sweet Chile Sauce. Mix 5 Tbs of the sauce with 1 Tbs soy sauce. Put them in a gallon size bag with the chicken and let marinade for 2 hours. Grill and eat. YUMMY!


Talon, stoking the fire.

We couldn't let Grandpa go without some of this expertise. Our downstairs bathroom toilet had been running water since we moved in. Our goal was to get that fixed before Grandpa left. Well, a new pump and 2 trips to Home Depot later, we have a toilet that works great!! We also have a working ceiling fan, a repaired hole in the wall, a door that now fits its frame and a new toilet seal on the other toilet. He keeps thanking us for all we did this weekend. I don't remember doing anything besides handing him tools!! Thanks Dad!! But, the expertise I'll never be able to repay him for was his incredible "know-how" secrets he left with our kids:

Like how his arms get longer and longer

And how he can "crack" his nose

Aspen tried and tried, but finally gave up because her nose hurt too much!

1 comment:

kjha said...

Hey...it's your cousin Kathryn, didn't know if I'd commented on your before :) I have enjoyed seeing your family. Take Care, Kathryn