Sunday, September 7, 2008

A New Year of School

Aspen's first day of school.

I drove her to school. She couldn't wait to see her teacher again and meet all her new friends. I can't believe I'm sending another one off to school!

Aspen outside of her school.

Aspen waiting in line with her classmates before entering school for the first time. You could tell the veteran mom's from the first timers. The first timers couldn't leave while the veterans quickly left. One woman exclaimed, "Freedom!" as she left the playground. I have to admit, I was a mixture of both. I can't believe she started school. I'll miss her, but I also look forward to spending some focused time with the younger two.

Kyler started 2nd grade this year! Our school is significantly far from our home, so the kids get to ride the bus this year! Admittedly, I have loved the chance to walk with them to and from the bus stop. It's just a nice chance to stop what I'm doing and focus just on them. We get to talk about all they're excited for and all they did at school when they get home. Kyler loves to take Jordan with us. His longest goodbyes are with Jordan in the mornings.

Aspen and Kyler coming home on their first full day together.


1 comment:

Kerri said...

Wow, sending kids to school on school buses...that just seems like REAL life...with all this Back to School talk, it makes me kind of excited to go to the open houses and parent teacher conferences to hear people gleam about my child!