Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fixing Up the Yard

Well, it's been quite a feat trying to get the yard up to par. The house has been completely vacant for 2 months and the yard wasn't cared for much by the renters that were here until then. So, needless to say, the yard has needed some TLC. I've spent several days trimming bushes, pulling weeds, and mowing. I even pulled several stalks of milk thistle that were taller than me!
For family night, we challenged the kids to see who could get the biggest pile of weeds. These pictures were taken near the start of the night. By the end, we had had filled 2 of our huge garbage cans with grass and weeds!

Kyler weeding the sandbox!

Enoch got the task of mowing the long grass! The mower stopped several times in some sections. Finally, we gave up and resorted to weed wacking the area first so the mower could make it through! We finally got it done, though, and after a few more trimmings over the past couple of weeks, we finally have a great yard! As for the weeds, I still have a bit to go!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Hey, nae! It's you and me weeding baby! It's been my task for the past few weeks, just spending Addison's morning nap time out pulling weeds from the grass. Not so fun, but not so bad either. Until yesterday I discovered that Carter learned how to spray with the garden hose...he got me wet from YARDS away! Thanks a lot!